Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Enchanted Kingdom: A Fairy-Tale Coloring Book

So, once upon a time, A. N. Gephart and I made a thing:


(hint, that's the thing)

Enchanted Kingdom: A Fairy-Tale Coloring Book, is one of those adult/relaxation coloring books that are kind of trending right now. So that kind of explains where I've been for the past year.

Tax evasion has nothing to do with it.

I'm pretty stoked about this thing. It's eighty - yus, eighty pages of fairytale themed art - and it's not just your traditional fairytales. Ashley and I also threw in some art from the classics, so like, Alice and Wonderland (and others!).

The idea of creating the book went something like this:

Ashley: Kim! You should totally create a coloring book!

Me: Ah haha. 

Ashley: You could theme it around fairytales.

Kim: *falls out of chair*

In case you can't tell, I've got a soft spot for fairtales (see above publications) - and most especially, Beauty and the Beast.

And by spot, I mean my whole soul.

Anyway, after convincing Ashley to join me in this crazy adventure, using her typography skills to add gorgeous quotes to the book (that you can COLOR!) the rest is a convulated story of sleepless nights and peculiar incidents, many of which I hope to expound on in the upcoming LAUNCH WEEK. If you dare, you can stay up to date with all my crazy antics via Twitter and Facebook.

Until then, if you reeeeeeeally dare, you can preordering the book from Barns and Noble, Amazon, Walmart, or Target!

Did I say "or"? I meant "and". ;)

And apparently it's in Australia too.

(Crikey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment