Monday, February 4, 2013

What does "Flight" have to do with it?


For those of you who may be wondering something along the lines of, "Why is the URL to this blog 'The Flight Reflex' when it's themed all around Stars?"

My dear readers, flight has to do with EVERYTHING!

Let me begin.


Once Upon A Time...


There was POTTERMORE. (www.pottermore.com)
(For those of you who don't know, this is a site for Harry Potter nerd fans to get together and geek out.)
To make a long story short, when you sign up, you pick a name out of the list offered you. The name I selected has the word "Flight" in it.
My friends are all awesome nerds too (It's no wonder we get along so well!) and they've got their own versions of their names.


Our names have been shortened to protect our secret nerd identities.
(It's like what Super Man does, but backwards!)
Well, one day, they kindly invited me to see a play!


"I'd LOVE to come! But why are you guys laughing?"
The play was very audience interactive, and because of this, we needed name tags. Me and my friends decided to use our Pottermore nick-names.
After scrawling "Flight" onto my name tag, we went in, and sat down.
Eventually, several volunteers were pushed onto the stage.


"Wait a second, I did SO not agree to this!"
The host asks me for my name. Sticking with my name tag, I say, "Flight."


....


"Flight?"

"It's Hebrew for AWESOME."
I thought everyone knew that.

....

..........

...................................................

"Well isn't that FLIGHT!?"


And it was.

Which brings us back to this blog.
Why "The Flight Reflex" ?

"What do you mean 'Starlighteyes.blogspot.com' is already taken!?
What kind of MORON names their blog STARLIGHTEYES!?"

...

"Maybe I should rethink this whole blog thing..."

So I decided to call it it "The Fight or Flight Reflex" with a pun on my Pottermore name. Then I noticed that if I wrote it something like this: "The fLight Reflex" It was "fight and flight" being said AT THE SAME TIME!
And isn't that so FLIGHT?



No comments:

Post a Comment